How To Order A Repeat Prescription
If you require prescriptions for regular and continuing treatment, it is not always necessary to see the doctor each time. Repeat prescriptions are computerised and the tear-off slip at the side will indicate the date your review is due.
Give 2 full working days’ notice. Please DO NOT telephone. SystmOnline is available to ALL our registered patients.
Once registered, you can order your Repeat Prescriptions online via your home PC or mobile device.
To register for this service, please click here for more information
If you're already registerd, click here to order your repeat prescription.
Did you know that you are now able to have your repeat medication sent directly to the pharmacy of your choice without the need to collect the paper prescription?
Simply let the receptionist know which pharmacy you would prefer to use (your 'nominated pharmacy') and we will update our system to ensure your repeat prescription is sent to the
- At reception– Hand in the right hand side of your prescription, with it clearly marked the items required. Or ask Receptionist for a form, you will need to fill in the items you require.
- Use the tear-off slip to re-order by post
- drop into the post box on the right hand side of the surgery entrance.
- Pharmacy – Local Pharmacies operate a collection and delivery service for our patients. Patients are requested to inform the pharmacy when prescriptions are ready to be collected (not necessary if prescription sent electronically by ETP).
- Via Post – You can also post a prescription request to us, again ticking the items that are needed. If you enclose a stamped address envelope we will return the signed prescription to you. However, we cannot be held responsible for any delays with the postal service, so remember to allow yourself enough time when ordering to guarantee that you will not run out of medication.
If you run short of medication unexpectedly, your regular Pharmacist may be able to help you pending a repeat prescription being ordered in the normal way.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £30.25
- 3-month PPC: £108.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0330 330 1341 General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line